I have been given the opportunity to do some reviews on some books from a few different publishers. Some of them do not quite fit into the focus I have for Living Infuzion, but obviously have some good information. Here are some of my perspectives on some pretty good books! Enjoy!

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

The Last Sacrifice - Hank Hanegraaff & Sigmund Brouwer

"Helius, Nero’s most trusted adviser, anticipates the death of his sworn enemy, the legendary warrior Gallus Sergius Vitas, scheduled to die a gruesome death in the arena. However, the badly beaten man who appears in the amphitheater is not who he seems. Rescued by a stranger and given a mysterious scroll, Vitas is told he must decipher this letter to find the answers he needs—a letter that Helius is also determined to decipher and to keep hidden from Nero. As Nero’s reign of terror grows, so does his circle of enemies."  (Publisher's Description)

I bought this book at a local christian book store after reading the first book, The Last Disciple.  It picks up right where the previous book leaves off.  As with the first novel I again found this book hard to put down.  It is a gripping read of Roman rule under Nero and the persecutions that first century Christians endured.  Nero was a very evil man, and to read what the believers of that day endured made my cry and give me goosebumps.  I would recommend this to those that like biblical fiction.  I am anxiously waiting the final book in the trilogy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment