I have been given the opportunity to do some reviews on some books from a few different publishers. Some of them do not quite fit into the focus I have for Living Infuzion, but obviously have some good information. Here are some of my perspectives on some pretty good books! Enjoy!

Friday, July 6, 2012

Short-Straw Bride - Karen Witemeyer

"No one steps on Archer land. Not if they value their life. But when Meredith Hayes overhears a plot to burn the Archer brothers off their ranch, a long-standing debt compels her to take the risk.  Years of constant vigilance hardens a man. Yet when Travis Archer comes across a female trespasser with the same vivid blue eyes as the courageous young girl he once aided, he can't bring himself to send her away. And when an act of sacrifice leaves her injured and her reputation in shreds, gratitude and guilt prompt him to attempt to rescue her once again.  Despite the fact that Travis is no longer the gallant youth Meredith once dreamed about, she vows to stand by his side. But will love ever be hers? Or will Travis always see her as merely a short-straw bride?" (Publisher's Description)

This is my first time reading a book by Karen Witemeyer and let me tell you it won't be my last.  The  novel had me hooked from the prologue.  I loved the fieriness of Meredith and the protective nature of Travis.  It had me laughing out loud at quiet a few points.  I enjoyed the dance that was their courtship.  The devotion that Travis had for his brothers and for Meredith played into many of his decisions, good and bad.  The supporting characters of the rest of the archer clan just rounded out the book beautifully.  I would love to see more stories about the Archers, especially Crockett.  This book is an excellent read for sitting out on the lounger in the backyard (where no one will look at you funny for laughing out loud!)

Book has been provided courtesy of Baker Publishing Group and Graf-Martin Communications, Inc. Available at your favourite bookseller from Bethany House, a division of Baker Publishing Group.

No comments:

Post a Comment