I have been given the opportunity to do some reviews on some books from a few different publishers. Some of them do not quite fit into the focus I have for Living Infuzion, but obviously have some good information. Here are some of my perspectives on some pretty good books! Enjoy!

Friday, May 10, 2013

The Fantasy Fallacy by Shannon Ethridge

Now here is a book that is not afraid to go where angels fear to tread.  Over the years I have read many Christian books on the topic of sex.  This one intrigued me because it is set up as a response to the 50 Shades of Grey novels.  I kept hearing about these books, and wondered if it was something that I could read.   I have always tried to be an intellectually responsible person, and thought that if I was going to read the rebuttal, that I would have to read the novels to ensure that Ms. Ethridge had read them herself.  I was pleased when she wrote about reading the novels, and then she described some of her reactions in the initial part of the book.
But this book is SO MUCH MORE than just a rebuttal to the 50 Shades novels.  Ethridge digs deep into the healthy and unhealthy appetites of people.  She draws on her years of experience as a speaker, counsellor, and author to speak to some really dark issues of sexuality.  This book may not be for everyone.  It challenged my comfort zone, and I have been exposed to a lot over the years.  Some of my exposure has been due to bad choices, and some just because of the way our culture is… overly sexually charged and even moving sex into the ultimate experience… even making sex a god on its own.
She uses practical cases from her practice, and from her own life to illustrate not just God’s standards for sexuality, but to show why those guidelines are in place.  I can see many examples of where “just a little thing” leads to something over the long term.
Pick up this book if you are a Christian dabbling in the 50 Shades novels, or if you have some things that have hidden in your heart.  This book can help you find some wisdom in how to proceed, bring you face to face with God’s healing, and help point you in the direction of getting the help you need.
This book was provided to me for my unbiased review by Booksneeze.
For Christian books and gifts, either online or when in Ottawa, visit Salem Storehouse.

No comments:

Post a Comment