I have been given the opportunity to do some reviews on some books from a few different publishers. Some of them do not quite fit into the focus I have for Living Infuzion, but obviously have some good information. Here are some of my perspectives on some pretty good books! Enjoy!

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

A Cast Of Stones - Patrick W. Carr



"The Fate of the Kingdom Awaits the Cast of Stones.  In the backwater village of Callowford, roustabout Errol Stone is enlisted by a church messenger arriving with urgent missives for the hermit priest in the hills. Eager for coin, Errol agrees to what he thinks will be an easy task, but soon finds himself hunted by deadly assassins. Forced to flee with the priest and a small band of travelers, Errol soon learns he's joined a quest that could change the fate of his kingdom.  Protected for millennia by the heirs of the first king, the kingdom's dynasty nears its end and the selection of the new king begins--but in secret and shadow. As danger mounts, Errol must leave behind the stains and griefs of the past, learn to fight, and discover who is hunting him and his companions and how far they will go to stop the reading of the stones."

I don't usually read the fantasy fiction genre, I often find it rather hard sometimes to follow; but when I read the synopsis for this book, I thought I would give it a try.  (Especially when I saw it involved medieval times which is one of my favorite periods of history)  While it took me a little bit to get into, I will say that the book did not disappoint.  The author did a great job of weaving a tale and having it unfold at a good pace. (I was rather shocked to find that this was the author's first novel.  It definitely didn't come across that way!)  I found that this really didn't read like a typical fantasy novel; but more like a beautiful medieval tale.  Errol is such a flawed character with immense struggles to overcome.  I look forward to the next novel to see how Errol's story continues to unfold. 

 "Book has been provided courtesy of Baker Publishing Group and Graf-Martin Communications, Inc. Available at your favorite bookseller from Bethany House, a division of Baker Publishing Group".

No comments:

Post a Comment