I have been given the opportunity to do some reviews on some books from a few different publishers. Some of them do not quite fit into the focus I have for Living Infuzion, but obviously have some good information. Here are some of my perspectives on some pretty good books! Enjoy!

Monday, November 5, 2012

Full Disclosure - Dee Henderson

"Ann Silver is a cop's cop. As the Midwest Homicide Investigator, she is called in to help local law enforcement on the worst of cases, looking for answers to murder. Hers is one of the region's most trusted investigative positions.  Paul Falcon is the FBI's top murder cop in the Midwest. If the victim carried a federal badge or had a security clearance, odds are good Paul and his team see the case file or work the murder.  Their lives intersect when Ann arrives to pass a case off her desk and onto his. A car wreck and a suspicious death offer a lead on a hired shooter he is tracking. Paul isn't expecting to meet someone, the kind that goes on the personal side of the ledger, but Ann Silver has his attention.  The better he gets to know her, the more Paul realizes her job barely scratches the surface of who she is. She knows spies and soldiers and U.S. Marshals, and has written books about them. She is friends with the former vice president. People with good reason to be cautious about who they let into their lives deeply trust her. Paul wonders just what secrets Ann is keeping, until she shows him the John Doe Killer case file, and he starts to realize just who this lady he is falling in love with really is...."  (Publisher's Description)
 
Dee Henderson's novel, True Devotion, was my first foray into christian fiction and I loved all of her books after that one; so when I heard that she was writing a new book after a long hiatus I was extremely excited to read it.  When I received it in the mail I started reading it that day and honestly had a hard time putting it down.  I enjoyed how the whole plot with the lady shooter doesn't end until the very final chapter with a twist that even I didn't see coming.  The relationship between Ann and Paul grows very naturally and doesn't come across as forced.  Paul pursues Ann even when she tries to throw up roadblock after roadblock.   I loved the little nod to Dee's previous book characters woven throughout as people Ann wrote about.  (It has made me want to go back and get reacquainted with them!)   I highly recommend this book to other readers, as well as suggesting to go check out all of Dee's other books.  I cannot wait for another book from her!!
 
Book has been provided courtesy of Baker Publishing Group and Graf-Martin Communications, Inc.  Available at your favourite bookseller from Bethany House, a division of Baker Publishing Group. 

No comments:

Post a Comment