I have been given the opportunity to do some reviews on some books from a few different publishers. Some of them do not quite fit into the focus I have for Living Infuzion, but obviously have some good information. Here are some of my perspectives on some pretty good books! Enjoy!

Monday, September 3, 2012

Whispers in the Wind - Lauraine Snelling

"After fleeing North Dakota and the now defunct Wild West Show, Cassie Lockwood and her companions have finally found the hidden valley in South Dakota where her father had dreamed of putting down roots. But to her dismay, she discovers a ranch already built on her land.  Cassie's arrival surprises Mavis Engstrom and forces her to reveal secrets she's kept hidden for years. Her son Ransom is suspicious of Cassie and questions the validity of her claim to the valley. But younger son Lucas decides from the start that he is in love with her and wants to marry her.  Will Cassie be able to build a home on the Bar E Ranch and fulfill her father's dream of raising horses, or will she be forced to return to the itinerant life of her past?" (Publisher's description)

This is my first novel by Lauraine Snelling and I was not disappointed.  I didn't realize until I got it that it was the second book in the Wild Wild West series, so I was a little apprehensive that I would be completely lost.  I was pleasantly surprised.  Mrs. Snelling did an amazing job at having enough clues about what had occurred in the previous novel that I did not feel lost at all.  I loved the strength that Cassie has.  I also enjoyed the mentoring relationship that Cassie had with Mavis.  I will definitely be going to my local christian bookstore to pick up the first book so I can see where the whole story of Cassie began!
 
Book has been provided courtesy of Baker Publishing Group and Graf-Martin Communications, Inc. Available at your favourite bookseller from Bethany House, a division of Baker Publishing Group. 

No comments:

Post a Comment